Saturday, July 2, 2022

Introduction to the C-roll

Now that I'm doing more physical models for Poison Fruit I thought I would share some pictures.  It seems that, while many people are bored when I talk about what I do in Blender and GIMP, they get interested as soon as I talk about what I do in the shop.  Some of my animator friends talk about cyber-space vs meat-space.  This blog will be mostly about the meat-space side.  

I call it the C-roll because when you're shooting a live action movie you traditionally label the rolls of film according to weather they are coverage of the main action (A-roll), other shots that will be useful in editing--extra views, atmospheric things, background plates, etc (B-roll), and "behind the scenes" footage which will usually be used for the DVD bonus features (or whatever equivalent that kids are using these days) or, sometimes, and stand-alone documentary.  Actually, a C-roll is usually shot in video, even on film movies, for convenience and because film is expensive.

And, finally, don't expect this blog to be fancy.  Poison Fruit is an extremely labor intensive project, so I probably won't have time to do more than dump images on here with a brief description of what's going on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Garden Elements

 These are just a couple more pieces I made for the scene in the garden at the end of Chapter 4 . Both of these could easily have been made ...